The Coming Together to Get Ahead program is founded on community participation and support. To help, you can:
- Serve as a mentor for Getting Ahead graduates
- Serve as an ad-hoc skill coach to graduates needing assistance in a particular area (e.g. budgeting, resume writing, interviewing, etc.)
- Refer candidates to the program
- Provide program funding
- Serve as Getting Ahead class Facilitator
- Provide meals for the weekly Getting Ahead sessions
- Offer resource-building programs to graduates
- Participate in program steering committee and working teams to organize and provide education & training, community communication, continuous program improvement…
Society of St Vincent de Paul provides education in Bridges Out of Poverty constructs, and training for mentors and Getting Ahead facilitators.
Contact us using the form below or call 815-302-5583 to learn more how you can get involved and make a lasting difference in someone’s life.